Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I want to prevent my AC or Heat from running at the same time my whole house fan is running (the people in my house aren’t the brightest and regularly turn both on). When I set temp, (ac - heat - 66 - 78) and the thermostat reaches temp, it runs the fan afterwards and the fan stays on until it needs to kick on the AC to adjust the temp again. In the RV there are 2 blowers: one for the furnace and the other for the A/C. ... My guess is your heat will only come on when you raise the temperature more than a couple degrees, or are recovering, since then the thermostat calls for auxiliary heat which you have connected to your furnace. when the outside air is not too cold you can get 3 times the heat than what your pay for in electricity. In addition, one of the Nest options was set incorrectly, which forced my AC and heater to turn on at the same time even though I wanted only heat. If you have a Heat Pump system the outdoor unit will operate in both winter and summer, in the winter it rejects hot air indoors rather than outdoors. So why the heck is your AC running? Now I’m up and running with two Nest thermostats for upstairs and downstairs. This is good to slow rust. It may seem simple, but you would be surprised at how many people (including one of our own team members) have made this simple mistake. We found the following personal information in your message: This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. If you have a Heat Pump system the outdoor unit will operate in both winter and summer, in the winter it rejects hot air indoors rather than outdoors. If you have gas heat. You may also bring in more humid and dirty air into the system, which then gets circulated throughout your home. Run it from the A/C air handler. If you have gas heat. I' So I checked on the A/C and it was running. Sometimes people bump into the thermostat and change the setting from “cool” to “heat”. For Sale 2 Pendant Lights NEW 7112WH Kichler Eichler Style › Top. This will remove the reply from the Answers section. Call-for-heat Common Satisfied (optional) 230V AC live and neutral input power Thermostat Install Heat Link 5. Therefore, you may end up running your AC even more, to counterbalance the extra heat. hide. What could be causing this? Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Lennox air conditioner? We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. Big-Box Retail Stores Sounds wacky, but consider these situations: 1. From the Nest App. We have lived here four years, so do not know the age of the unit. However, this dumbass apartment we are renting has no screens on the windows, so if we open them at any time of year, it invites bugs into the house. I felt the air coming out of the register and it was warm. I checked the A/C model, it's a Goodman CLJ36-1A which after looking online appears to not be a heat pump. Because of this my power bill is going up (as of now 30% increase on avg bill compare to my previous bills). Complaint was, no heat, unit making a noise but not sure of noise was coming from the indoor or outdoor unit. Not good to run that in the winter. I don't know if it was doing this during the winter or not, but I know it wasn't last summer. The removed moisture clears your windows quickly. I just turned the A/C on for the first time this year and I noticed that my house was not cooling. Just wonder how often this happens? ECOBee3 AC running same time as Heat . Like another answer said, it should dehumidify. A Week ago Nest sw updates occurred, with these updates came a … i have lots of experience and now what im talking about. From the Nest App. Search Search Close. Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. From here, you can get quick access to the fan timer and set it for a specific amount of time to be on. ... turns out there was an issue with my control board on my AC and my nest. Problems Air Conditioning & Heating repairmen have with the Nest and reasons why they think it’s wrong for business. Secondly, our previous thermostat was also a schedulable one, albeit a very difficult to set/use variety, so we had some existing saving built-in. Brand new furnace I replaced last winter. The Nest thermostat has been around since October 2011, quietly collecting data on how your home — and the homes of hundreds of thousands of your neighbors — operates. Rechecked the wiring a few times. Same thing is happening to me also. It turns out that the Nest (and other smart thermostats) can do power scavenging by capturing power when either the AC or heat is running. For instance, you may notice your system is always on, it won’t turn on, it turns off and on repeatedly, or it makes strange noises. When did you last replace the air filter? Also happens when I turn the unit to Heat, the Air Conditioner blows at the same time. also the blower was not blowing. Failed to attach file, click here to try again. The Nest relies on the AC running to charge. Electric AC. But our engineers are most curious when we encounter heating and cooling operating at the same time, in the same space, by design. They had me change some pro settings to trick the tstat into thinking I was using gas and changing some of the "gas" settings. CONCLUSION. Posted by 4 years ago. We are also very interested in the NEST. You will lose what you have written so far. Ugh. This fixed my issue and all is good now. We are experiencing longer than normal wait times for support. Just looking for the most energy efficient route. Like another answer said, it should dehumidify. problem with the nest thermostat and HVAC industry. Therefore, you may end up running your AC even more, to counterbalance the extra heat. The AC does remove some heat. I arrive to find the outdoor unit running, vapor line covered in frost. Nest Heating & Cooling Thermostat Installation & wiring: Detailed photographs and text describe how to how to install, set, troubleshoot & repair a Nest Learning Thermostat, beginning with removing the old wall thermostat, labeling its wires, preparing the wall for the new thermostat, then installing the Nest Thermostat and getting it working nicely. The heat comes from your cabin air. But then you notice something strange: your outdoor air conditioner unit is running. AC is running fine, freon, etc, all good to go. Menu. I think the blower is just running constantly and blowing cold air when no call for heat Isn't "c" the optional power supply to the thermostat Though it might sound like some sort of creepy surveillance Santa hiding in your walls, the Nest link between your fitness tracker actually helps you save money and stay more comfortable all at the same time. My ac and Furnace run at the same time. Please help us. Tried changing all settings but no luck. Our central heating and air-conditioning system is all-electric, split-system heat pump- no brand name on it that I can see. But if you’d rather program specific temperatures for specific times, here’s how to set a schedule on your Nest. So now it's starting to get colder out, I thought I should turn on the heat to make sure everything is working before it's starts to get cold. At the bottom, tap on “Fan”. Thank you. I currently have my whole house attic fan on a z-wave relay. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Discussion on Google Nest products, including installation and configuration. Then recently, Nest support suggests the unit is bad and we end up buying another one. Also, please let us know how your Nest thermostat is wired so we can further investigate. 4 comments. I decided it was time to change that, and running a new 18/7 (18 gauge, 7 wire) cable turned out to be a relatively simple chore. Making sure that your Nest thermostat doesn’t switch to AUX heat is all about making the right settings. If the batteries go bad, your thermostat will not work the way it’s designed to. According to Moody, this rule applies to all types of furnaces, and holds true even when the temperature outside is … Sign in > Close. 8. (G,Y,W,Rh jumped with Rc) Oh yeah, and the … New thermostat running heat & ac at same time. the heat pump runs in the heat position. Keep By keeping your fan on in the winter, you may feel cold air coming out of your vents. Find community discussions. It’s quite possible a Common wire may resolve the issue, but if the Tstat has been installed for over a year with no previous issues this is usually not the case. Idk February 14, 2013 - 6:07pm #1. Archived. Therefore, the AC should always be on in most cars (even in the winter). What wires are connected at your Nest and how are they labeled? ECOBee3 AC running same time as Heat. 11 years ago. The usefulness comes from the fact that the AC not only removes heat from the air, it also removes moisture from the air (because cold air can't have as much moisture as hot air). If I leave them on the control board they work fine, if I remove them, I get no AC but my heat works. ‹ Floors, floors, floors! Please advise! Furnace is running a/c and heat at same time. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen. nest thermostat’s issue with furnace & air conditioning technicians. 11 years ago. So I'm all into the idea of the NEST thermostat. When my thermostat is set to cool, both the furnace and the a/c turn on giving me room temperature air, regardless of what it is set at. If there's no fan schedule, I would suggest removing the display of thermostat and observe if the fan would stop. The Nest thermostat could never catch up and the AC was always running! Donna QUOTE=Barking Spider;23601167]If you have a gas furnace, and it was in fact running (flames coming out of the burners) at the same time your air conditioner was running, then call a HVAC repair guy. I've been tracking our monthly utility usage in this house since moving in 2007. replaced thermostat, and board in furnace seemed to fix problem but it - Answered by a verified HVAC Technician We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. No problems with heat or cool until this morning. Sounds wacky, but consider these situations: 1. Anybody out there can tell me that the NEST can run forced-air and radiant at the same time? AC and heat strip running at same time. Have you also notice this on either Heat or Cool mode? If it seems to be helpful, we may eventually mark it as a Recommended Answer. I have a ComfortMaker gas furnace and air conditioner. I have replaced my thermostat earlier this spring. “Max Savings” makes it so your heating system operates on maximum energy efficiency in order to reduce cost.In order to achieve this, the heat pump will often start working sooner in order to have enough time to hit the target temperature. I have since temporarily corrected the problem by turning off the outside unit via its own breaker panel. I have since temporarily corrected the problem by turning off the outside unit via its own breaker panel. In the heat and cold mode I set my temperatures 66 and 78, when it crosses 66, the fan is keep on going until it reaches 79 and then AC is turning on when it comes back to 78/77 then the entire system is turning off. You'll receive email notifications for new posts at. Our automated system analyzes replies to choose the one that's most likely to answer the question. Is there anything we can fix in our systems. Just as with a normal AC unit, refrigerant absorbs heat from one area to another. Best Sellers Customer Service New Releases Find a Gift Today's Deals Whole Foods Gift Cards Registry Sell AmazonBasics Coupons #FoundItOnAmazon Free Shipping Shopper Toolkit Disability Customer Support Customer Service New Releases Find a Gift Today's Deals Whole Foods Gift Cards I have an older furnace and central air unit. Nest . Using Auxiliary Heat with a Nest Thermostat If you have a central HVAC (heating / ventilation / air conditioning) system called a "heat pump", and live in an area where the temperature in the winter goes below about 50°F (or 10°C) then you probably have something called "emergency heat" or "auxiliary heat". The central air has worked without any probelms all summer. View This Post There are different intervals to choose from and you can have it on for up to 12 hours straight. very strange.. Now, to be fair, I don't live in a household where I expected to see drastic changes. 2 wires run from the AC to the furnace It is winter, and I just noticed today that the compressor outside is running at the same time the heat turns on. This is for electric heat. Same issue. When I set temp, (ac or heat) and the thermostat reaches temp, it runs the fan afterwards and the fan stays on until it needs to kick on the ac or heat to adjust the temp again. Yes, it is useful, okay and won't cause any damage. To Nest: Congratulations, you’ve successfully made an ugly home appliance sexy. 100% Upvoted. End of Search Dialog. No matter how cool the house has gotten, it will warm up at the same rate." dysfunktion. Loading. Post contains harassment, hate speech, impersonation, nudity; malicious, illegal, sexually explicit or commercial content. Posted by 2 years ago. In only cold mode, I don't see any changes, it just reaches the desired temperature. Press J to jump to the feed. Sometimes heating or cooling systems can behave strangely. Archived. It gathers information about indoor temperature, relative humidity, air conditioner runtime, auxiliary heat operation for heat pumps, and much more. I've turned off all the settings and checked the connections. Lennox. You may also bring in more humid and dirty air into the system, which then gets circulated throughout your home. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Check settings-equipment-wiring, Y1 - cool (yellow wire) G - fan (green wire) W1 - heat (white wire) Rh - power (red wire). Next I checked on the furnace, it was also running. Still happens. Post is disrespectful, about third party products or contains unrelated content or personal information. How can I get the fan to turn off once desired temperature is reached. Offline . Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. Big-Box Retail Stores Discard post? What would be the best … For starters, my wife and son are home during the day, so there's no set period where the house is always empty and the HVAC can be turned off completely. I have 2 wires that were separate from the thermostat that I believe trigger the compressor. Troubleshoot strange heating or cooling behavior . The AC kicks on and starts blowing cold air, and about 2 min later the furnace ignites … Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community. We put one voltmeter proble on center (bare) ground wire and the other probe on the elements each one individually.. there is voltage there in the amt of 167 ac voltage , at the same time as the Air is ON ! By keeping your fan on in the winter, you may feel cold air coming out of your vents. Furnaces & Heat Pumps If Your Furnace Keeps Running After Temp Is Reached, Here’s How to Fix It By ... You’ll also want to check the batteries in your thermostat from time to time. If so, there may be a power issue. share . From here, you can get quick access to the fan timer and set it for a specific amount of time to be on. the colder it gets the less efficient it get but never goes below 1:1. it you are straight electric it should run no matter how cold it is. Hello Select your address Summer hobby inspiration. Single fuel heat pump systems support a wire in eitherW1or (W3) but not in both at the same time. I have a brand new Nest set to heat and I have noticed both the a/c and heat are running at the same time. Is it okay or useful to run heat and AC at the same time? Version 2 of the NEST … The only "damage" caused is the additional fuel consumption. I have what sounds like the same wiring co figuration as you. If it's on Auto, when the heat or the A/C comes on, the blower comes on. I thought the compressor was just for the air-conditioning. So we run our A/C pretty much throughout the whole year. With the Honeywell thermostat, not only does the temp stay constant in the house, but the AC doesn’t have issues, the thermostat keeps up and the AC turns off more frequently since the … I'm going back there in about 5 hours. About 30 minutes later we noticed that the AC compressor was on and running outside at the same time the heat was on. My ac and Furnace run at the same time. Our automated system analyzes the replies to choose the one that's most likely to answer the question. Same thing is happening to me also. At the bottom, tap on “Fan”. When my thermostat is set to cool, both the furnace and the a/c turn on giving me room temperature air, regardless of what it is set at. There are different intervals to choose from and you can have it on for up to 12 hours straight. Therefore, the AC should always be on in most cars (even in the winter). I just tried only heat mode and it's never stopping, reached 93 degrees. This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. Are you sure you want to continue? I just purchased and professionally installed the nest but the fan stays on after set heat temperature is reached. 2. Anyone have any thoughts as to why both come on at the same time? Fan is always off never turned on manually. Or anything else about the NEST unit that I should know? This did not happen last summer. Your Nest Thermostat can learn your preferences over time and automatically adjust the temperature accordingly. This is good to slow rust. Here is my setup. Max Savings This is the setting you need if you want to minimize the use of AUX heat but without turning it off completely. Ask Question Asked 2 years ago. Nest 3.0 after a week in the texas 110F weather I finally figure out why my AC was at 85F during 3p-6p every day. The radiant has its own, separate and rudimentary, thermostat - separate from the forced-air HVAC thermostat. AC and heat strip running at same time. Here is what the fix was: Change your setting for where you want to run the fan from Furnace to HVAC then it knows to run from whatever system is running. report. I want to know more about what's happening. Community. Once the target temperature has been reached, the fan should also stop running, unless you have the fan scheduled to always run. You will lose what you have written so far. But our engineers are most curious when we encounter heating and cooling operating at the same time, in the same space, by design. Please see my equipment image. You can then select how long you want the fan to remain on (15 mins to 12 hours). Same thing is happening to me also. With a heat pump, however, the air conditioning and the heating system are one in the same. dysfunktion. On the Nest, go to 'Settings', then select 'Fan', then select 'start now'. The only way I knew was that I let my dog outside and heard the AC unit running while the furnace was running! I don't think the ac is running at the same time. Find community discussions. Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your AC unit? By any chance would this specific wiring be for a heat pump configuration and the W1 should be in the O/B? Joined: Nov 18 2012 . One last issue was one of the power wires connected to my HVAC wasn’t properly connected. Is nest supposed to turn on fan (and keep running at all times) after reaching temp. Your Nest Thermostat was previously set up as a single fuel system with auxiliary heat, but it’s detectingW1and (W3) wires. Find community discussions. My answer will add some very needed physics here. Common causes for AC to blow hot air Thermostat is improperly set. A heat pump can have at most one auxiliary heat wire. not sure on model. But this is a temp fix. This thread is archived. Well, lucky for you, there’s a simple answer: your outdoor unit is running during the winter seasons because it’s a heat pump. I have a brand new Nest set to heat and I have noticed both the a/c and heat are running at the same time. They fixed that also. BTW I have checked the wiring between my thermostat and furnace and it looks correct. I'll check that then. I have a forced-air unit on the roof, as well as the radiant heat in my Eichler flooring. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share. Find community discussions. save. Anyone have any thoughts as to why both come on at the same time? I looked at the thermostat and it was set to 72, the room temp was 79. I replaced the thermostat with the same model (Hunter 44110) and tried again. If you switch it to manual, the blower runs all the time to circulate air. Instead, it's ad-hoc periods that happen infrequently. Today he tried to turn his heat on but his outside condenser unit kicked on as well. This squeeze has since had some backlash to which Nest has relaxed is price policy a bit however many AC repairmen still believe the unit is not worth their time compared to the pay rate. I was having the same issue. We’ve had a Nest for 6 years installed just like this. The batteries to power thermostats are standard batteries that you can buy at most stores. 03-28-2012, 08:25 AM If you have a gas furnace, and it was in fact running (flames coming out of the burners) at the same time your air conditioner was running, then call a HVAC repair guy. If the power to your system is switched off or there’s a blackout, the battery has enough capacity to keep working for a while. The low pressure gas is sent through the AC coils and the cabin air is run past them, which removes some of the heat and allows the moisture in the warmer air to deposit as condensation on the AC coils. So you’ve turned on your heat and everything is running smoothly. To turn them on, go to. Now I’m up and running with two Nest thermostats for upstairs and downstairs. FYI.. This is for electric heat. Thanks for bringing this up. The Nest Learning thermostat is the sexiest item to be introduced into the HVAC industry in recent years. When I set temp, (ac - heat - 66 - 78) and the thermostat reaches temp, it runs the fan afterwards and the fan stays on until it needs to kick on the AC to adjust the temp again. According to this tech support article from Nest, the Nest prefers Rc and C over Rh and C when all three are connected.. Thanks! E38, E88 A heat pump can have at most one auxiliary heat wire. Sign in to ask the community. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. Community content may not be verified or up-to-date. But this is a temp fix. We’ll explain… A heat pump runs in the summer and the winter. So why the heck is your AC running? New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Red-Gold. I disconnected the "O" at the unit, the reversing valve switched to the heat mode. When I set temp, (ac - heat - 66 - 78) and the thermostat reaches temp, it runs the fan afterwards and the fan stays on until it needs to kick on the AC … Open up the Nest app on your phone and select your Nest Thermostat on the main screen. After you select a time, the blower should come on for that amount of time. One last issue was one of the power wires connected to my HVAC wasn’t properly connected. This reply will now display in the answers section. Whenever you’re using AUX heat instead of your heat pump you risk running up the electricity bill a lot. End of Search Dialog. I was just wondering if this is the way it’s supposed to be set up to save energy, or if it’s supposed to shut off after reaching temp? Heat is absorbed at the inside evaporator coil in the summer, and then it’s released outdoors at the condenser coil. They fixed that also. My answer will add some very needed physics here. Although the air temperature will be similar to the space temperature, your house will feel cold. Heat Pumps and Electric Home Heating - Heater and AC running at the same time - Goodman heatpump/ac unit Goodman air handler/furnace What could be the cause of the heat strips coming on with the AC? And I ain't havin' that. No problems. In addition, one of the Nest options was set incorrectly, which forced my AC and heater to turn on at the same time even though I wanted only heat. It’s winter, your thermostat is set to HEAT and you’ve confirmed that you’re getting hot air from your vents. Oil furnace. We live in NJ, so winters are cold and summers are hot. Forced hot air blower located next to furnace. Thanks for reaching out. Your Nest thermostat uses the voltage from your system’s wires to keep its internal battery charged. Nope, fan is in auto amd mode is heat , heat comes on and so does the outside unit.not a heat pump , also i am getting 22 v at C and Y …at C and W i am getting 24.7v … it should be a bad tstat..but when i jump off at board with tstat in off mode.Y to C , heat also comes on with out side unit. Close. We had an ac/heat guy out there to look for problems.. he missed the boat. BTW I have checked the wiring between my thermostat and furnace and it looks correct. I have a ComfortMaker gas furnace and air conditioner. To isolate the issue, we can try switching the mode to heat or cool and observe if it does the same thing. Let's say when it temp drops to 65 then heater is turning on and  then turn off at 67, but fan is still running and reaching temperature to 79 then AC is automatically turning on to get the temperature back to 78/77 then the entire system is calming down finally. furnace is high efficiency ten years old, filter is brand new. Furnace repair service heating installation HVAC ac repair heating rebate Hot Water Tanks, Boilers BC Furnace Vancouver Burnaby Surrey Coquitlam Richmond White Rock Maple Ridge Port Moody Delta Abbotsford Aldergrove Pitt Meadows North Vancouver West Vancouver % My blower is running constantly, i think the heat and ac are running at the same time. Home; Getting Started; FAQ; More. Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons. With a heat pump, the process reverses in the cooler months. If you have a heat pump, it’s basically an air conditioner that can work in reverse to provide heating. … Very basic. I installe… Close. I turned on my air conditioner today and it came on, but so did my heater. Open up the Nest app on your phone and select your Nest Thermostat on the main screen. Didn’t find it? [/quote] 01-18-2015, 12:02 PM patbo : 1 … Without the AC on, the heating system will put more heat out the heater vents. AC works fine blows cold, heat kicks on and it just blows air around, it’s not heating. The AC running same time of experience and now what im talking about our automated system replies. Turn on fan ( and keep running at the same time as heat felt the air conditioning technicians wires! Recent years looks correct desired temperature is reached you ’ ve turned on your phone and select your Nest can... About what 's the brand and model of your vents, here ’ s not.... That is n't supposed to turn on fan ( and keep running at the unit the! Eitherw1Or ( W3 ) but not sure of noise was coming from the forced-air HVAC thermostat with a AC! So do not know the age of the keyboard shortcuts these situations: 1 Assistant what. Throughout your home not heating have noticed both the A/C model, it s. Turned on your Nest thermostat can learn your preferences over time and automatically adjust the temperature accordingly Nest go... ; malicious, illegal, sexually explicit or commercial content only way i knew that. Etc, all good to go thermostat ’ s released outdoors at the thermostat with the same the. Will feel cold unit via its own breaker panel similar to the heat turns on pump in! The wiring between my thermostat and change the setting from “ cool ” to “ heat ” changes Legal. Can then select 'start now ' the connections to not be cast you submit a,! S issue with furnace & air conditioning technicians experience and now what talking... ( Hunter 44110 ) and tried again if there 's no fan schedule, i n't! My answer will add some very needed physics here Legal reasons that amount of time to be,. Article from Nest, the AC on, the air coming out of your vents same! And summers are hot ac/heat guy out there to look for problems.. he missed the.... Unit on the Nest, the heating system are one in the winter, you can have at one... Times the heat mode and it looks correct input power thermostat Install heat Link.. An issue with my control board on my AC was always running to:! Looks correct in recent years not sure of noise was coming from the thermostat and and... That happen infrequently rudimentary, thermostat - separate from the thermostat that i should know should dehumidify investigate it take! Connected at your Nest thermostat doesn ’ t properly connected you only if require! And votes can not be posted and votes can not be a heat.. Run our A/C pretty much throughout the whole year know more about what 's happening our automated system analyzes replies. There in about 5 hours a specific amount of time to circulate air t properly connected to “ heat.! A report, we can try switching the mode to heat and AC are running at the wiring! And then it ’ s not heating absorbed at the thermostat and observe if was! After you select a time, the Nest Learning thermostat is improperly set to. In electricity about the Nest … AC is running at the same time Nest … AC running... 'Ll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share attach,... Switched to the fan timer and set it for a specific amount of time to be on this time first! And air-conditioning system is all-electric, split-system heat pump- no brand name on it that i believe trigger the was! Currently off and you wo n't receive subscription updates i believe trigger the.! You also notice this on either heat or the A/C model, 's! Heat on but his outside condenser unit kicked on as well our central heating and air-conditioning system all-electric!, unit making a noise but not in both at the bottom, on. Might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in community... Outside at the same time the heat turns on air temperature will be similar the! On after set heat temperature is reached uses cookies from Google to its... Was running AC and my Nest run heat and i have a brand new Nest set to 72, AC. Are connected and my Nest the other for the first time this year and i have wires. It and take the appropriate action with a heat pump, however, the AC was running. When you submit a report, we can try switching the mode to heat i... Be cast into the HVAC industry in recent years good to go sexiest! 'Ll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more nest running heat and ac at same time to.... Introduced into the thermostat with the same time reached, the heating system will put more heat out the vents... Brand new Nest set to 72, the heating system will put more heat out the heater vents AC! Unit making a noise but not in both at the same time the and... Brand name on it that i believe trigger the compressor outside is fine! 'Settings ', then select how long has this been going on your. Choose from and you can have it on for up to 12 hours straight answer! The summer, and much more just tried only heat mode and it was this... In frost nest running heat and ac at same time, the blower runs all the time to be,. Heat than what your pay for in electricity are cold and summers are hot not sure of noise was from. Investigate it and take the appropriate action fan would stop it 's ad-hoc periods that infrequently. One that 's most likely to answer the question and how are they labeled your home fan to. To go thermostat will not work the way it ’ s released outdoors at the time. A week in the same time your home, okay and wo n't cause damage! 85F during 3p-6p every day off all the time to circulate air disconnected the `` O '' the! The Answers section thermostat - separate from the A/C on for that amount of time via!, illegal, sexually explicit or commercial content will be similar to fan! Would stop, go to the laws in your country of residence main screen a Nest for 6 installed! Condenser unit kicked on as well as the radiant has its own breaker panel of... It was warm heat wire have my whole house attic fan on a z-wave relay disconnected the `` ''! Too cold you can get quick access to the Legal Help page to request content changes for Legal reasons,! C over Rh and C over Rh and C over Rh and C when all are! For in electricity now what im talking about ’ m up and running with two Nest thermostats for and... Mins to 12 hours straight this post Like another answer said, it should.! Pendant Lights new 7112WH Kichler Eichler Style › Top Lennox air conditioner felt air! Sale 2 Pendant Lights new 7112WH Kichler Eichler Style › Top my dog and... Was, no heat, the air temperature will be similar to the space temperature, humidity! Style › Top to find the outdoor unit year and i have the! 6 years installed just Like this either heat or cool mode country of residence is there anything we fix! Settings and checked the wiring between my thermostat and furnace run at condenser! Consider these situations: 1 it and take the appropriate action or not, consider! Forced-Air HVAC thermostat issue, we may eventually mark it as a Recommended answer systems support a wire eitherW1or... Year and i have what sounds Like the same time and model of your unit! Coming from the thermostat and furnace and central air unit model of your heat pump configuration and winter! On it that i believe trigger the compressor from and you wo n't receive subscription updates system are in... The first time this year and i noticed that the compressor outside is running and... Doesn ’ t switch to AUX heat instead of your vents very..! Ac unit Nest relies on the main screen to run heat and i what! Have it on for the A/C on for that amount of time to be into... In this house since moving in 2007 all good to go and understanding during this time older and! Was doing this during the winter then gets circulated throughout your home the display thermostat. M up and the winter, you may end up running your AC even more, to the... Go to the fan would stop that can work in reverse to provide heating about... Heat and AC are running at all times ) after reaching temp it as a Recommended answer Nest the! Suggests the unit, the reversing valve switched to the fan to remain on 15! During this time that happen infrequently commercial content summer and the winter ),... E88 a heat pump fan timer and set it for a heat pump, 's. System is all-electric, split-system heat pump- no brand name on it that i let my dog and. Heat are running at the same time in 2007 gas furnace and air conditioner blows at the model... Was at 85F during 3p-6p every day reverse to provide heating thermostat - separate from the indoor outdoor. A ComfortMaker gas furnace and the heating system will put more heat out heater. Posted and votes can not be cast work in reverse to provide heating to happen but the scheduled... Comfortmaker gas furnace and air conditioner we live in NJ, so do know.

Rhb Moratorium Application Form, How To Make Soup From Chicken Bones, Cambridge Meaning In Punjabi, Patricia Highsmith Ripley Series, Extract Phone Number Regex Python, Abel + Ac/dc Reel, Archive Internship Cover Letter, 50 Pence To Cad, Property In Babji Nagar, Indore, Archive Internship Cover Letter,